best casino bonuses australian online casino au dollars trusted online gambling internet casino download old information online us casinos las vegas best online casino craps flash casino games mac play online vegas

Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

January 2010
S M T W T F S
« Dec   Feb »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Nebraska Man Pleads Guilty to Attacking Scientology Websites

No invite from Cruise/paramount pictures photo
No invite from Cruise/paramount pictures photo

By Allan Lengel
ticklethewire.com

Don’t expect to see Brian Thomas Mettenbrink at the next red carpet event for Scientologists Tom Cruise or John Travolta.

Menttenbrink, 20, of Grand Island, Nebraska, pleaded guilty Monday in Los Angeles  federal court  to participating in a ploy to shut down the Church of Scientology websites in January 2008, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

Under his plea agreement, he will serve a one year prison sentence.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, “Mettenbrink participated in the attack on the Scientology websites that was orchestrated by a group that labeled itself ‘Anonymous.’”

Authorities said the group led protests against the Church of Scientology at various locations across the country, and in January 2008 announced a new offensive against Scientology.

Mettenbrink admitted downloading computer software from an “Anonymous” message board to bombard Scientology websites with  an inordinate amount of traffic to shut them down, authorities said.

Dmitriy Guzner, of Verona, N.J. was sentenced last year to one year and one day in federal prison for her role in the attacks.


Print This Post Print This Post

Write a comment

You need to login to post comments!