Off-Duty Hawaii FBI Agent Shot Man Brandishing Fake Gun
The man shot and wounded by an off-duty FBI agent in Honolulu on Sunday was brandishing an airsoft gun that shoots plastic pellets, but resembles a real gun, the Honolulu Star Bulletin reported.
“The important thing is not what kind of weapon he was carrying, but the perception of the agent at the time he took the shot,” said FBI spokesman and special agent Tom Simon said, according to the newspaper.
The incident began when a man and woman flagged down the FBI agent and said a man was brandishing a gun. The man ordered the agent to put down the gun, but instead, he moved toward the agent, and the agent shot and wounded him, the paper reported.
The Star Bulletin reported that Honolulu police during a press conference declined to disclose the weapon used by Martin Boegel, 27. But it discussed the dangers of brandishing a fake gun. Boegel’s mother says he has a history of mental illness, the paper reported.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Swedish Cartoonist Attacked During Lecture (AP)
- Appeals Court Refuses to Delay Blagojevich Trial (AP)
- Homeland Security Chief’s Optimism About Oil Spill Based on Bad Info? (AP)
- Man Gets Prison Time For Threatening Obama (AP)
- NYPD Commissioner Says NY Bomber Homegrown (AP)
- Obama Pick Would Mean No Protestants on Supreme Court (AP)
- NAACP Says Seattle Police Kicking is Hate Crime (AP)
- NY Judge Rules Torture No Reason to Dismiss Case Against Gitmo Detainee (AP)
- Calif. Jury Convicts Ex-Wrestler of Kidnapping (AP)
- Palestinian Grocer Sues Sacha Baron Cohen (Courthouse News Services)
- Interview with U.S. Marshal Service Director (Main Justice)
- U.S. Weighs Terrorism Status of Pakistan Taliban (Newsweek)
- What Did FBI Know About NY Bomber Faisal Shahzad? (Mother Jones)
- DHS Official to Face Questions on Hill (Spy Talk)
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!