Gangs Infiltrating Military, Sending High-Powered Weapons to American Streets
American streets may become much more dangerous.
Military.com reports that, according to the latest National Gang Intelligence Center Report (NGIC), American street gangs are acquiring high-powered, military-grade weapons with increasing frequency, the result of gang members both enlisted and working as contract civilians at military bases who may be funneling the weapons to gang members on the street.
Over the summer, 27 AK-47s were stolen from a warehouse in Fort Irwin, according to the Military.com report, which investigators suspect were gang related.
The NGIC identified 53 different gangs with members serving in the military, as of April of this year.
“The exact number of enlisted gang members is hard to come by,” the Military.com report reads, “as many times investigators only see graffiti or paraphernalia as evidence of gang activity.”
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- Joseph Anarumo Jr. Named to Head New York ATF Office (silive.com)
- Could FBI Move HQ to Maryland? (wbaltv.com)
- FBI Investigating Former Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae Execs (Business Insider)
- Police, Prosecutors Seek Greater Oversight on Money Deals (HeraldOnline.com)
- Thousands of Marijuana Plants seized by DEA (UticaOD.com)
- Profile of Eric Holder (nytimes.com)
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!