The poor Daily Caller.
The conservative news website, which is bent on bashing Atty. Gen. Eric Holder Jr., couldn’t get the former Attorney Gen. Ed Meese to do the same, despite attempts. The website tried to get Meese to trash Holder or others in the Justice Department in connection with the flawed ATF operation known as Fast and Furious that let guns walk into Mexico with the hopes of tracing them to the cartels.
“Well I have not commented on it because unless you’re actually there in the Department of Justice knowing everything that went on, it’s very hard to comment on it,” Meese told TheDC. “We all know that it was, that it came to ruin, if you will, that it didn’t work out as it had been anticipated certainly and that there were a lot of problems with it, very serious problems, tragic problems in one case. But, more than that, I don’t know other than what I read in the newspapers so I can’t really comment in detail on it.”
Apparently, the fact that a Republican attorney general wouldn’t trash Holder or others in the Justice Department without knowing all the facts must have come as a surprise to the Daily Caller.
OTHER STORIES OF INTERST:
- “Deep Throat” Exposed Watergate Due to Anger Over Missing Out Top FBI Job (ANI) 
- DEA Drug Raid at TCU Results in Arrest of 17 Students, Including Four Football Players (Big Lead Sports) 
- County Sheriff Hires Ex-FBI Agent Critical of Local Mosques to Speek on Islam (The Republic) 
- Santorum Weighs Secret Service Protection (CBS) 
- Chicago Leaders Insist They’re Prepared for G8, NATO Summits, World Leaders and Protests (FOX) 
- FBI Might Shutdown the Internet on March 8 (RT)