FBI Informant Slept With Muslim Women Agency Was Targeting
IRVINE, Calif. — Craig Monteilh says he did not balk when his FBI handlers gave him the OK to have sex with the Muslim women his undercover operation was targeting. Nor, at the time, did he shy away from recording their pillow talk.
“They said, if it would enhance the intelligence, go ahead and have sex. So I did,” Monteilh told the Guardian as he described his year as a confidential FBI informant sent on a secret mission to infiltrate southern Californian mosques.
It is an astonishing admission that goes that goes to the heart of the intelligence surveillance of Muslim communities in America in the years after 9/11. While police and FBI leaders have insisted they are acting to defend America from a terrorist attack, civil liberties groups have insisted they have repeatedly gone too far and treated an entire religious group as suspicious.
To read the full story click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Supreme Court Will Hear Appeal About Immunity for Secret Service Agents at Cheney Event (AP)
- Consequences for Security as NYPD-FBI Rift Widens (AP)
- Time to Reset Police-Muslim Relations (Huffpost)
- Rocker Ted Nugent Bashes Atty. Gen. Holder (Newsmax)
- ATF Offers More Info on Monroe Car Bombing (Brandenton.com)
Print This Post
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!