FBI agents who raided the home of Trenton Mayor Tony Mack also searched the home of his brother and a key campaign donor who is a convicted sex offender Wednesday, the Associated Press reports .
Mack denied wrongdoing in a brief statement, and the FBI declined to release details of the investigation.
Questions have been raised over Mack’s successful campaign fundraising at a time when his personal finances were troubled.
Mack’s appointments also have raised suspicions because some were under-qualified or face criminal charges, the AP reported.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Undercover Sting Nets Missing Matisse Painting 
- Sen. Al Franken Warns FBI, Facebook on Facial Recognition 
- ATF Foils Gang’s Plan to Rob Drug Dealers 
- Wrongful Death Suit Settled in Immigrant Case 
- Justice Department Urged to Drop Apple E-Books Suit