The ATF used a brain-damaged man with a low IQ to help to handle drug and gun deals as part of an investigation into a Milwaukee storefront, the AP reports .
The man, Chauncey Wright, was paid in cigarettes, merchandise and money, but was charged with federal drug and gun counts once the operation was done, according to the AP.
Advocates for people with disabilities said the man should be freed.
The ATF has launched an investigation.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- New Special Agent in Charge of Norfolk FBI Office Reflects After Month on Job 
- Homeland Security Effort to Thwart Illegal Immigration on Indian Reservations Hampered 
- French Secret Service Incensed After So-Called Military Secrets Are Posted on Wikipedia 
- Federal Law Enforcement Struggles with Apples’ iMessage Encryption Software 
- Massive Vegas Casino Fire is Considered Arson; ATF Investigates