The FBI’s dereliction in failing to instantly notify Police Commissioner Ray Kelly that the Boston Marathon bombers planned to attack New York was irresponsible, unforgivable, terrifying and grounds for overhauling its anti-terror protocols.
The bureau allowed well more than 48 hours to pass before sending word that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had told agents that, in the massacre’s aftermath, he and his brother, Tamerlan, had determined to head to Times Square for more mayhem.
The delay blocked the NYPD from immediately investigating whether the Tsarnaevs had allies in the city, a lag that would have been costly had the brothers been in league with conspirators here.
To read more click here .
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Investigating Who Sent Ricin Letters Temporarily Loses Track of Person of Interest 
- Boston Marathon Bombers Planned to Attack New York City’s Time Square 
- FBI: Teen Arrested on Terrorism Charges in Aurora Planned to Blow Up Night Club 
- Justice Department: American Citizen Was Cuban Spy 
- Former Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge Sings President Bush’s Praises