The ATF’s reason for blocking his book about the botched and deadly Operation Fast and Furious is “absurd,” the author said, the Dallas Morning News reports .
John Dodson, an ATF special agent who blew the whistle on the operation, said the book reveals important information about missteps in the agency.
“I think what happened, what we were doing, what the agency was doing, the Phoenix field division, operation itself, I think that is what is harmful for morale,” Dodson said. “I think that is what is a detriment to not only our relationships with other federal agencies, but our relationships with the American people and their trust in us.”
The AFT maintains it has the right to bar Dodson from writing the book “for any reason” because he’s a federal employee.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Terrorism Investigation Extends to Texas As Agents Swarm Dorm 
- California Man Arrested for Allegedly Making Bombs 
- Homeland Security Hires Alleged Radical Islamist As Security Advisor 
- Supreme Court Won’t Review DEA’s Position on Reclassifying Marijuana 
- Daily Show Seeks Help from Former FBI Hostage Negotiator