A key figure in the Fast & Furious gun-running operation was permitted to collect two salaries while on leave from his federal government job, the Washington Times reports .
The Justice Department’s inspector general created the report after finding that three of William McMahon’s superiors with the ATF “exercised poor judgment” by allowing McMahon to collect his salary while also working for JP Morgan when he was on leave.
The two jobs also created a conflict of interest, the inspector general found.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- New Test for Secret Service Director: How to Handle Reforms? 
- CIA Misled Judge Department, Congress About Detainee Interogations 
- Homeland Security Launches Program to Protect Against Sex Predators 
- Rep. Grimm, of New York, Has Tough Reelection Battle Amid FBI Probe 
- Detroit Man Found Guilty of Assaulting FBI Agent While Under Surveillance