The FBI arrested a county sheriff in Indiana on charges that he paid a prostitute $300 for oral sex and then urged her to hide the evidence, the Courier-Journal reports .
The arrest of Sheriff Danny Rodden comes after he was indicted July 23 on charges of lying to federal agents and counseling the destruction of evidence.
Investigators said Rodden paid for the sex act in a Louisville hotel.
Rodden, 60, also is accused of giving the prostitute a badge and sheriff’s department apparel so she could receive discounts at hotels.
“It is a sad day for Clark County. It is a sad day for all elected and appointed officials who do their best to adhere to the high standards expected of those of us who serve the public,” said U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett, who announced the charges.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Arrests Dallas County Commissioner, Others in Corruption Probe 
- Justice Department Sues Pa. State Police Over Physical Fitness Test 
- Feds Asked to Investigate Salinas Police Shootings of 4 Hispanic Men 
- Man Suing FBI for Oklahoma City Bombing Videos to Call 4 Witnesses 
- FBI Investigates New Jersey Man for Possible Terrorism Connection