By Steve Neavling
A Mexican man who was arrested on an immigration charge hanged himself in the El Paso County Jail.
Norberto Santa Cruz, 42, of Juárez, was arrested on a warrant for an illegal reentry charge, a sheriff’s spokeswoman told the El Paso Times. 
Santa Cruz died Saturday, a week after he was on life support following the attempted suicide.
The motive is unclear because no note was found.
Santa Cruz was arrested on March 3 after climbing onto a train and illegally crossing the order.
Other Stories of Interest
- Man Sought by FBI for Human Trafficking, Prostitution Arrested in Wisconsin 
- Jeff Daniels to Play Counterterrorism Chief in Hulu’s 9/11 Drama 
- Border Patrol Agents Find Child Abandoned by Smugglers 
- Nearly 250 Foreign Nationals Detained on East Coast in 2-Week ICE Sweep 
- FBI Billboards Seek Info About Man Arrested for Old Slaying