By Steve Neavling
President Trump congratulated the Secret Service on its 152nd anniversary.
Here is the president’s statement:
My family and I send our congratulations to the dedicated professionals of the United States Secret Service as it proudly celebrates its 152nd anniversary .
The Secret Service, most renowned for ensuring the personal protection of our Nation’s top officials and their families, began protecting the President in 1901, following President McKinley’s assassination. Every day, the elite Federal law enforcement officials of the Secret Service willingly put their lives on the line to ensure the security of the President, the Vice President, our former Presidents, the heads of visiting foreign governments, and many others.
As President of the United States, I am honored to recognize the men and women of the Secret Service for their hard work and dedication. Melania and I are especially thankful for those who selflessly stand by our side to safeguard our family every day. We are privileged to benefit from the unfailing professionalism and skill of these extraordinary men and women.
Together, we send our very best wishes for success to Director Randolph “Tex” Alles and we pray for the continued safety of the entire United States Secret Service family.
Other Stories of Interest
- Mueller’s Suicide Squad of Layers Has Trump Sounding Shook 
- GOP Official: FBI Probe on Bernie Sanders’ Wife Based on ‘Facts And Figures’ 
- FBI, Groups at Odds over Efforts to ID Immigrant Remains 
- Senate Republicans: Homeland Security Leaks Endangering National Security 
- Border Patrol Agents: We’re Not Equipped to Detect Drug Tunnels