A man accused of fatally shooting an Albuquerque man last year was an active DEA informant despite his criminal background, according to a lawsuit filed against the agency, the Associated Press reports.
The lawsuit claims the DEA did not properly supervise Jason Estrada, who was killed when he confronted a man accused of sexually assaulting a child.
The man, 31-year-old Edward Quintana, is charged with killing Estrada and criminal sexual penetration of a child under 13.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Border Patrol Arrests Gang Member Near Salton Sea
- Secret Service Spies Intruder Near Clinton’s Hamptons Rental
- Border Patrol Employs Blimp with Surveillance to Monitor Border
- NYC Lawmakers Call on Feds to investigate Eric Garner’s Death
- FBI Agent Continues Testimony in Trial of Former Virginia Gov.