The former special agent in charge of ICE’s South Florida office is set to be sentenced today on a child pornography charge, WPTV reports.
Anthony Mangione, who was a leading crusader against child pornography, faces a mandatory sentence of at least five years in prison, according to WPTV.
Authorities recently said they also discovered that Mangione used his ICE expertise to wipe clean 150 pieces of child porn from his personal computer.
Mangione’s attorney said his client suffers from a mental disorder that makes him sexually attracted to children, WPTV reported.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Prosecutors Release Long-Awaited FBI Records to George Zimmerman’s Attorneys
- Genocide Expert Trains FBI, CIA on Prevention Tactics
- FBI Gang Sweep Nets 17 Arrests, Seizures of Weapons, Drugs
- Texas Lawyer Pleads Not Guilty to Helping Mexican Drug Cartel
- Washington Governor Won’t Join Colorado Governor in Clarifying Pot Legalization