A veteran narcotics officer who was member of a DEA task force in New Orleans has been indicted on federal charges of allegedly stealing drugs and seized cash.
The Advocate reports that former Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office Deputy Karl E. Newman is the second member of the DEA task force to charged criminally.
Newman’s attorney declined to comment on the case.
Newman has been in jail since May 13 on a federal detainer.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Director: Decision Not to Charge Clinton ‘Wasn’t Hard to Make’
- 3 Men Break into Banks Through Roof, Steal $5M in Cash, Valuables
- Senate Judiciary Committee Seeks More Info About DNC Hack
- Secret Service Agents Arrest 4 Trying to Break into DNC ‘Secure Zone’
- 3 Border Patrol Agents Join Canine Program in Laredo