best casino bonuses australian online casino au dollars trusted online gambling internet casino download old information online us casinos las vegas best online casino craps flash casino games mac play online vegas

Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

January 2018
S M T W T F S
« Dec    
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Tag: New York City

NYC Bombing Suspect Mocked Trump Before Botched Attack

Akayed Ullah after the bombing, via Twitter.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The 27-year-old Bangladeshi immigrant accused of a botched suicide bombing in the New York subway Monday morning mocked President Trump just hours before the attack, authorities said Tuesday.

“Trump you failed to protect your nation,” Akayed Ullah, wrote on Facebook before strapping a crude pipe bomb around his body.

Ullah, who was seriously injured in the explosion, told officers, “I did it for the Islamic State,” the Associated Press reports

While searching his Brooklyn apartment, federal and local investigators found his passport scrawled with the words, “O AMERICA, DIE IN YOUR RAGE.”

Trump responded to the bombing by pledging to tighten immigration rules.

“We’re going to end both of them — the lottery system and chain migration. We’re going to end them fast,” Trump said at the White House.

Homeland Security Warned of Possible Terror Attack Days Before NYC Bombing

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Just five days before a bungled New York City subway bombing, Homeland Security warned of the potential for an ISIS terrorist attack, possibly by a lone wolf.

“We assess there is currently an elevated threat of [homegrown] lone offender attacks by ISIS sympathizers, which is especially concerning because mobilized lone offenders present law enforcement with limited opportunities to detect and disrupt their plots,” according to Robin Taylor, acting deputy under secretary for intelligence operations at Homeland Security, the Washington Examiner reports

The warning, issued during a Senate hearing last week, followed evidence that ISIS and al Qaeda continue to have a strong presence on social media, where so-called lone wolfs are recruited in the U.S.

“We continue to monitor the evolving threat posed by ISIS. ISIS fighters’ battlefield experience in Syria and Iraq have armed it with advanced capabilities that most terrorist groups do not have,” Taylor told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee chaired by Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson. “Even as the so-called ‘caliphate’ collapses, ISIS fighters retain their toxic ideology and a will to fight. We remain concerned that foreign fighters from the U.S. or elsewhere who have traveled to Syria and Iraq and radicalized to violence will ultimately return to the U.S. or their home country to conduct attacks.”

What We Know about NYC Bombing Suspect Akayed Ullah

Bombing suspect Akayed Ullah.

The 27-year-old Bangladeshi immigrant accused of trying to detonate a crude pipe bomb in a New York City subway station Monday morning was inspired by ISIS to avenge the deaths of Muslims worldwide.

Authorities say Akayed Ullah, a former cab driver who lived in Brooklyn, used Velcro and zip ties to strap the bomb to his body during rush hour, NBC reports

The bomb, which was made from a pipe, 9-volt battery and Christmas tree lights, detonated at 7:20 a.m. in a pedestrian walkway, injuring the suspect and four commuters. On late Monday afternoon, Ullah was in serious condition. The commuters were not seriously injured.

FBI agents and NYPD cops raided three Brooklyn apartments connected to the suspect. The Joint Terrorism Task Force is searching for evidence, including phones, computers and bomb-making equipment, the New York Post reports.

According to numerous reports, Ullah arrived in the U.S. seven years ago from his native Bangladesh on an F4 Visa, which is for siblings of American citizens.

NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill said the bomb was “low-tech.”

Authorities believe Ullah acted alone, and so far there’s no evidence that he was in direct contact with ISIS.

“Apparently he went to the internet and downloaded information as to how to make a homemade bomb,” Cuomo said on CNN, adding that the suspect was “not really part of a sophisticated network.”

“They’re not people who come from overseas. They live here, they’re disgruntled, they go to the internet,” Cuomo said. “They find out how to download a device that can hurt and maim. And they implement it themselves on a low-tech basis. It’s very troubling.”

As expected, President Trump seized on the attack to ramp up his calls for an end to “chain migration” that enables immigrants to enter the country more easily if they have family living in the U.S.

“The President is certainly concerned that Congress, particularly Democrats, have failed to take action in some places where we feel we could have prevented this,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. “Specifically, the President’s policy has called for an end to chain migration and if that had been in place, that would have prevented this individual from coming to the United States.”

Bombing Suspect in Custody After Explosion Near N.Y. Port Authority

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

An explosion from an apparent pipe bomb detonated near the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City during rush hour Monday morning, and a suspect has been taken into custody.

The suspect is believed to be the only person injured when the blast occurred in an underground subway passage just 200 feet from the terminal at West 42nd and Eighth Ave., the New York Times reports

Authorities, who cautioned the information was preliminary, said the suspect appears to have acted alone. Investigators believe the device detonated prematurely.

The suspect was taken to Bellevue Hospital in serious condition.

Commuters were asked to avoid the area.

Check back for updates.

Other Stories of Interest

DEA Task Force Finds Enough Fentanyl to Kill 6 Million People

File photo of pills laced with fentanyl.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A joint investigation involving the DEA netted 16 arrests in New York City and the discovery of cocaine, heroin and enough fentanyl to kill 6 million people, NBC New York reports

DEA agents and local police seized a whopping 25 pounds of fentanyl, a deadly opioid that is resulting in an alarming number of overdoses nationwide.

“This investigation helped shut down a multi-state narcotics operation that dealt in cocaine, heroin and deadly fentanyl,” said NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill. “If these defendants thought they could hide behind a call-in drug delivery service they underestimated the reach of the Bronx District Attorney’s Office and the DEA Strike Force.”

The drugs were smuggled from Florida and other areas and then sold in the Bronx, Manhattan, Westchester County and New Jersey.

The investigation was handled by DEA New York Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Strike Force, a team of federal and local law enforcement agencies.

Other Stories of Interest

ISIS Claims Responsibility for NYC Terrorist Attack, Calls Suspect ‘Soldier of the Caliphate’

Suspected terrorist Sayfullo Saipov.

Suspected terrorist Sayfullo Saipov.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

ISIS claimed responsibility Thursday for the terrorist attack in New York City earlier the week that killed eight people and wounded another dozen.

The statement in the group’s weekly newsletter declared the truck attack as “one of the most prominent attacks targeting Crusaders in America.”

The group called the suspect, Sayfullo Saipov, 29, a “soldier of the Caliphate” and said the attack was a response to ISIS’ call to target “citizens of the Crusader countries involved in the alliance against the Islamic State.”

“On Tuesday, 11 Safar, one of the soldiers of the Islamic State attacked a number of crusaders on a street in New York City, close to the monument for the 9/11 raid, which resulted in killing and wounding more than 60 crusaders, and unto Allah is all praise,” the newsletter said in a translation by SITE Intelligence Group, a company that tracks extremist groups.

It should be noted that 12 people – not more than 60 – were injured in the truck attack.

According to a complaint filed against the suspect, investigators said Saipov was a recently radicalized immigrant who plotted the attack about a year ago after getting his inspiration from ISIS videos. 

Driver in NYC Terror Attack Inspired by ISIS Videos, Plotted for a Year

Sayfullo Saipov

Sayfullo Saipov

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The 29-year-old driver who plowed a truck into innocent people on a New York City bike path Tuesday, killing eight and injuring in 12, was a recently radicalized immigrant who plotted the attack about a year ago after getting his inspiration from ISIS videos, according to a criminal complaint filed against him on Wednesday.

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, was charged with an outstanding count of providing material support to a terrorist organization and one count of violence and destruction of a motor vehicle in connection with the deadliest terror attack in New York City since Sept. 11, 2001.

A day after President Trump called for the death penalty against the Uzbek immigrant, Trump on Thursday morning tweeted that he’d “love” to transfer the suspect to Guantanamo, “but statistically that process takes much longer” than the federal system.

He implored the court system to “move fast. DEATH PENALTY.”

FBI: NYC Terror Suspect Inspired by ISIS Magazine with Instructions for Truck Attacks

Suspected terrorist Sayfullo Saipov.

Suspected terrorist Sayfullo Saipov.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The Uzbek immigrant who plowed into people on a bike path in New York City on Tuesday afternoon, killing eight and injuring nearly a dozen others, was inspired by ISIS and planned the attack for weeks, according to the FBI.

The FBI announced Wednesday afternoon that it was seeking information on another Uzbek immigrant who may have helped in the attack. But about an hour later, the FBI said during a press conference that Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, 32, was no longer being sought. It wasn’t immediately clear why investigators are no longer searching for the man, whose image was circulated on wanted posters.  

Reuters reported the truck driver,  Sayfullo Saipov, had been in contact with a man who had been investigated by the FBI. It wasn’t immediately clear if that was Kadirov. 

Saipov was charged in federal court Wednesday with terrorism-related crimes in connection with the deadliest terror attack in the city since Sept. 11, 2001.

Investigators say Saipov was shot in the abdomen by a police officer, planned the attack for weeks “in the name of ISIS,” and was inspired by the terrorist group’s magazine in which followers were urged to carry out a truck attack and leave behind a note indicated their support for ISIS.

Authorities found handwritten notes left behind by Saipov that suggested ISIS “would endure forever.”

Investigators have interviewed Saipov at the hospital, where he is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Videos viewed by authorities show Saipov driving at a moderate speed until he accelerated into the jogging path.

President Trump used the attack to slam a bipartisan immigration bill that created a visa lottery program that allowed Saipov to enter the U.S.

Calling for Congress to eliminate the bill signed by President

G.W. Bush in 1990, Trump said, “We have to get much tougher, much smarter and less politically correct.”