Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

September 2019
S M T W T F S
« Aug    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Tag: Reality tv

Dog the Bounty Hunter Says Escaped ‘El Chapo’ Is Likely ‘Out of My League’

guzmanBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Dog the Bounty Hunter is not known to back down.

But when it comes to chasing down escaped Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the reality star admits he’d have little chance of chasing down the world-famous fugitive, the New York Daily News reports.

“He probably would be out of my league,” the tough 62-year-old fugitive tracker told FOX411.

“In order to take him down, number one, you better have a fully automatic weapon,” he said. “With my weapon, you have to get really close to him — and you couldn’t get that close to him because he probably has five or six guys with him at all times.”

Guzman broke out of a maximum security prison last month, leaving Mexican officials puzzled about his whereabouts.

Guzman first escaped prison in 2001 and managed to be on the run for 13 years before he was captured in February 2014.

Gang Land News: Feds Cheer Mama’s Boy Mob Snitch, And He Earns A Sweet Reward

Jerry Capeci is considered a mob expert. He’s the founder and editor of the paid subscription website Gang Land News. This article was republished with permission.

By Jerry Capeci

Anthony Zoccolillo’s role as a co-star of the short-lived Mama’s Boys of the Bronx reality TV show was pretty much a flop.

But there was applause all around for the former Genovese crime family associate-turned super snitch at his sentencing last month. Surrounded by dozens of FBI agents, NYPD detectives and very happy family members, a smiling but moisteyed Zoccolillo walked out of Manhattan Federal Court and breathed free fresh air for the first time in 18 months.

His best review came from Judge Richard Sullivan who praised him for “truly extraordinary” undercover work following his arrest on drug dealing charges and sentenced Zoccolillo to “time served.”

In January, Gang Land dubbed Zoccolillo The Most Effective Mob Turncoat Of 2014. Federal prosecutor Rebecca Mermelstein said he was he even better than that. She credited him with giving her the crucial evidence to obtain six indictments against 14 mobsters and drug dealers, and dubbed Zoccolillo the best cooperating witness she had seen in her five years as an assistant U.S. Attorney.

“This is, without a doubt, the cooperator who has offered the most substantial assistance,” Mermelstein said of Zoccolillo. She submitted a list of 27 gangsters, including 13 members of a violent Bronx-based Albanian gang who pleaded guilty to drug, weapons and other charges rather than face the former Mama’s Boy on the witness stand.

“He did it from the very beginning” when he “worked proactively to make hundreds of in-person telephone recordings,” she said. “Unlike many people, he never withheld anything. He never got caught minimizing anything. He came forward immediately and did  the right thing.”

The sentencing documents, and a transcript of the proceeding, which took place May 1, were sealed until this week. Judge Sullivan ordered them unsealed following a Gang Land pro se motion that cited the public’s common law and First Amendment right to open court proceedings. Zoccolillo, as Gang Land first disclosed two years ago, flipped on the same day he was arrested — February 20, 2013.

He quickly snared Genovese mobster Salvatore (Sally KO) Larca and three others on tape as they conspired to buy thousands of pounds of marijuana in northern California and distribute it in New York. Larca was buying the high-grade weed for $1500 a pound and selling it for $4000 a pound.

Read more »

Reality Show to Feature Alleged Accomplice in ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s Murder, Racketeering Trial

 
 

Whitey Bulger

Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Sure, Patrick Nee has been connected to five murders in the trial of reputed gangster James “Whitey” Bulger.

But that hasn’t stopped the Disney Channel from featuring Nee on a reality show on the Discovery Channel about bookies in Boston, the Boston Globe reports.

“I’m absolutely disgusted,” said Tommy Donahue, the son of a man whom Nee is accused of helping murder.

He said he can’t understand why the feds aren’t pursuing Nee.

“His name has been thrown around a dozen times, and the government hasn’t done anything about it,” Donahue said.

OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST

U.S. Park Police Probe Whether Its Officers Improperly Provided Escort for the Infamous Salahis

Fed Judge Won’t Block Ex-Gov Blago From Appearing on NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice

Every aspect of  ex-Gov. Blago’s life seems to have become a reality tv show. You can’t shut this guy up with the flick of the tv clicker. The prosecutor in his upcoming case would like to. But that’s not going to happen. The prosecutor fears Blago might taint the jury pool by making comments on the show, which is expected to air during jury selection before his June 3 trial. In any event, you’ve got to admit, Blago is good entertainment and he’s not likely to disappoint on this show.

gov-blagojevich-plane
BY NATASHA KORECKI
Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO –Ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s gift of gab got him elected.

And it got him indicted.

Now, a federal judge fears Blagojevich’s babbling on Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” could gum up his upcoming trial.

U.S. District Judge James Zagel didn’t say he would block Blagojevich from continuing the reality show taping that’s now under way in New York.

Zagel did say he’s worried Blagojevich could trample over the case in a way that could bring problems in his trial, which begins in June.

“It is possible that an indicted person may say something that creates problems later on,” Zagel said.

Zagel said he’s seen two episodes of NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice.”

“There are significant confessional elements in that show,” Zagel said. No one from Blagojevich’s case could control what ended up in the final cut of the program, he said.

His remarks came at a court status requested by prosecutors to discuss the series. Assistant U.S. Attorney Reid Schar said Blagojevich has misstated evidence on previous TV appearances and feared that he would do it when the show airs next spring — when the first stages of jury selection begin.

For Full Story

Indicted Ex-Gov. Blago Gets a Dose of Realty: He Can’t Go on Reality Show

blago-on-lettermanEx-Gov. Blagojevich loves the spotlight, but he’ll have to stay closer to home to find it.  That’s the reality of it all.

By The Chicago Tribune Staff
CHICAGO — A federal judge today denied permission to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich to travel to Costa Rica to participate in a reality TV show.

U.S. District Court Judge James Zagel called modifying the terms of Blagojevich’s bail on political corruption charges “a bad idea.”

Prosecutors voiced fears that the indicted ex-governor might flee if allowed to go to Costa Rica, noting that he faces 25 to 30 years in prison if convicted.

Blagojevich attorney Sheldon Sorosky said television show producer NBC was willing to pay for two security guards to watch Blagjojevich around the clock. But Zagel noted that such personal monitors would have no authority to arrest him. He also said Blagojevich needs to stick around to read the government’s evidence, because only then will he be able to understand the jeopardy he is in.

For Full Story

Indicted Ex-Gov. Blago Wants to Go on NBC Reality TV Show: Needs Judge’s Permission

This guy was a born entertainer. After his arrest, he worked the television circuit like a tv star. Now he’s taking it up one notch with reality tv.  The real name of the reality TV show should be: “Is this Guy For Real?”

Blago When He was still Gov

Blago when he was still Gov

BY NATASHA KORECKI
Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — When he was indicted, former Gov. Rod Blagojevich went to Disney World. Now that he’s been arraigned on federal corruption charges, Blagojevich wants to head off to the jungles of Costa Rica.

Blagojevich has signed on to do the “Survivor”-style reality show “I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here” that’s to be filmed in June in Costa Rica.

The prime-time NBC program will pay contestants up to $80,000 an episode. Until they’re voted off, anyway.

Among the others on the show: Nancy Kerrigan, of ice-skating / knee-thrashing fame.

But first the former governor needs permission from U.S. District Judge James Zagel to travel outside the country. He’s expected to ask for that next week.

Blagojevich, who went on a national TV and radio blitz earlier this year, is doing the NBC show to bring in some money, sources close to the ex-governor say. He’s been unemployed since the Illinois Legislature booted him from office in January. His wife, Patti Blagjevich, is also unemployed after she was let go from her fund-raising job with the Chicago Christian Industrial League.

Blagojevich is also trying to finish writing his book, which is due in May. He signed for a six-figure advance for the book earlier this year. It’s expected out in the fall.

For Full Story