A Seal Beach, Calif. woman is in big trouble for allegedly posing as an FBI agent.
The Associated Press reports that Karen Elaine Hanover, who allegedly posed as an agent, had a real estate service that charged clients $30,000 to provide commercial property information.
AP reported that some disenchanted clients unhappy with the service blogged about Hanover’s operation and encouraged people to report her activity to the FBI.
AP said the FBI claims Hanover threatened clients by phone and posed as an FBI agent. In at least one instance, AP reported, she used “spoofing technology” to make her voice sound like a man.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Mosque Plot Suspect Due in Court (AP) 
- 3 Dead and 3 Wounded in Virginia Attacks (AP) 
- Granddad Bandit Pleads Guilty in Va. (AP) 
- Feds Ad Murder Charges in Crackdown on NY Gang (AP) 
- Egyptian Carpenter at U.S. Embassy in Cairo Shot to Death (AP) 
- Stay Classy TSA (Time) 
- Tyson Foods Pays $5.2 Million to Resolve FCPA Probe (Main Justice) 
- Justice Dept. Workers Feeling the Pinch of Budget Cuts (Main Justice 
- Egyptian Police Training Giving FBI a Black Eye (Spy Talk) 
- Loughner’s Lawyers Fight Release of More Mug Shots (Politico)