It may not have been the brightest of assassination plots considering President Obama wasn’t even in town when Oscar Ramiro Oretego-Hernandez allegedly fired at the White House.
Nonetheless, authorities believe the intent to kill Obama was there. He’s been charged with attempting to assassinate the president.
CBS News reports that a witnesses told the FBI he had become increasingly angry with the government and Obama, who he considered the antichrist who needed to be killed.
The FBI found a semi-automatic assault rifle in his car along with three loaded magazines, nine spent shells, several extra boxes of cartridges, an aluminum baseball bat, brass knuckles and a sales receipt for purchases made at a WalMart in Fairfax, Va. just four and a half hours before the shooting, CBS News reported.
Authorities confirmed several gun shots on the south side of the White House, CBS reported.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- FBI Wants More Power to Tackle Hacking (Inquirer) 
- “J. Edgar” Paints an Incomplete Portrait (Illinois Times) 
- FBI Probe Finds Nasdaq Easy Target for Hackers (Federal News Radio) 
- DEA Agents Make Major Bust in Albuquerque (KOAT) 
- Honolulu Mayor Says Visiting Secret Service Don’t Smile Enough (Civil Beat) 
- Woman Charged in Stealing $200K from Charity (KY Post) 
- Reddit Cofounder Indicted in Connection to Breaking into MIT Server Room (Wicked Local)