A retired ATF agent who infiltrated the Hell’s Angels motorcycle gang is suing the federal agency for $10 million for failing to protect him, News 4 Tucson reports .
Jay Dobyns, an ATF agent for 27 years, was investigating Hell’s Angels between 2001 and 2003 as an undercover agent.
As a result, Dobyns has been subjected to threats from the motorcycle gang.
In the suit, Dobyns alleges the agency never investigated a suspicious fire that destroyed his Tucson home, which precipitated the lawsuit.
After closing arguments were made earlier this week, observers expect a judgment soon.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Federal Authorities Notify Dozens That Courthouse Phones Were Tapped 
- FBI Arrests Former Motionloft CEO John Mills Over Alleged Lies, Lavish Spending 
- What’s It Like Being a Border Patrol Agent? Agency Gives Public a Taste 
- Bill Would Give Benefits to Families of TSA Officers Killed in Line of Duty 
- Rochester Woman Found Guilty of Threatening President Obama, Lying to Secret Service