The showdown between Democrats and Republicans over Homeland Security is elected to intensify this week as both sides dig in for a fight.
The Washington Times reports that GOP House Speaker John Boehner said Sunday that he’s preparing for a fight to defund President Obama’s immigration actions.
“Remember what’s causing this, it’s the president of the United States overreaching and it’s not just on immigration,” Mr. Boehner  said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
Boehner wasn’t so successful last week when Republicans broke ranks to pass a temporary funding bill to avoid a shutdown.
“We do have some members who disagree from time to time over the tactics that we decide to employ,” Mr. Boehner  said. “But remember that Republicans are united in this idea that the president has far exceeded his constitutional authority and we all want to do things to stop the president from his illicit activity.”
Other Stories of Interest
- Fiscal Concerns Arise from Battle Over Homeland Security Budget 
- Mall Kiosk Owner Accused of Financing Islamic State Plot 
- Huge Drug Tunnel Found Following Drug Bust in Arizona 
- University of Texas Fraternity Won’t Be Disciplined for ‘Border Patrol’ Party 
- Some Lawmakers Rally to Stop AR-15 Ammo Ban