The highlight of Kenneth Tate’s career as a private security guard was riding an elevator with President Obama in Atlanta.
That ride has cost Tate his $42,000-a-year job, the New York Times reports.
President Obama was visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when Tate took the elevator ride.
It was later discovered that Tate was carrying a CDC-issued firearm, a security lapse and embarrassment for the Secret Service.
Tate said it’s unfair that he was fired because he was only doing what he was told to do.
“It was something to tell my mom — if I meet him everything will be complete,” he said of meeting the president. “I didn’t know it was going to be my job.”
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Helps Investigate Remains of Child in Rural Missouri
- Alabama Man Found Guilty of Impersonating FBI Agent
- Justice Department, Albuquerque Police Reaches Legal Agreement
- FBI Investigates Chicago Landlord Who Has Been Accused of Fraud
- Violent Bank Robberies in Michigan Under Investigation by FBI