DETROIT — Next time you might want to think twice before you have a guy named “Jersey Steve” as the best man at your wedding.
The Detroit Free Press reports that ring leader David Stone Sr. of the Hutaree militia in Michigan grew so fond of his friendship with a trucker named “Jersey Steve” that he named him the best man at his wedding.
On Monday, Jersey Steve, aka Steven Haug, who was an FBI informant, testified in the federal trial in downtown Detroit of Stone, his wife, two sons and three others, the Free Press reported.
The group is accused of plotting to overthrow the government with guns and bombs.
Defense attorneys have claimed there’s nothing to the charges.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Ohio Super Pac Under Review By U.S. Atty (Huffington Post)
- U.S. Atty Digs into D.C. Fundraising Dating Back to 93 (DCist)
- DEA and FBI Step in to Help Curb New Orleans Homicide Rate (WDSU)
- DEA Warns of Agent Impersonators (WJXT)
- Arab Muslim Comedy Finding Voice After 9/11 (AP)
- SEC Goes After Ex-Mortgage Bankers (Courthouse News Service)