By Steve Neavling
An undocumented immigrant assaulted and nearly stabbed a Border Patrol agent near Tucson on Tuesday night.
The attack happened as the Border and Air and Marine Operations were responding to a report of roughly 10 migrants walking in the desert, the Arizona Republic reports.
Using a helicopter as a guide, agents located the group.
When an agent tried to stop a fleeing migrant, he was nearly stabbed when the man pulled out a knife. The agent’s handheld radio was stabbed, potentially saving him.
The co-pilot of a helicopter helped subdue and arrest the man.
The agent wasn’t seriously injured.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Director James Comey Will Be Interviewed at SXSW
- FBI Offers $10K Reward in Death of Channel 7 Producer in Belize
- New Head of Hampton Roads FBI Talks about Challenges
- Homeland Security Trip to Interview Refugees Is Halted
- DEA Search Warrant Leads to Fatal Standoff in Colorado Springs