A man who jumped the White House fence and kicked a Secret Service K-9 in the snout and punched another of the agency’s dog was charged with felonies in the attacks.
The New York Times reports that felony charge were filed against Dominic Adesanya, 23, of Maryland, for assaulting law enforcement officers. In this case, the victims were Jordan and Hurricane.
“All that’s hurt on the dog is its pride,” a uniformed Secret Service officer said Thursday afternoon as he stood guard outside the White House. “If you got kicked in the snout, your pride would be hurt too.”
The dogs stopped the fence jumper after some embarrassing security blunders in the past few months.
The dogs were taken to a veterinarian for treatment of minor injuries.
Other Stories of Interest
- In Era of ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ Border Patrol Sniffed Out Booze
- FBI Assists in Search for 8-Year-Old Autistic Boy in Florida
- FBI Raids Chinatown Restaurants, At least 3 Owned by Tony Hu
- Lawmakers Divided Over Future Role of Homeland Security
- Suspect in Shooting of DEA Agent Expected in Court Today