Secret Service Director Joe Clancy disputed news reports that two high-ranking agents drunkenly crashed into a gate at the White House.
“Previous reports of a crash are inaccurate — there was no crash,” Clancy said at a Senate Appropriations Homeland Security subcommittee hearing, CNN reports.
“The video shows the vehicle entering the White House complex at a speed of approximately one to two miles per hour, and pushing aside a plastic barrel. There was no damage to the vehicle,” he said.
Still, Clancy said it was “unacceptable” that it took five days for him to be notified of the incident.
“If it is determined that any one of our employees concealed information about this alleged incident, they will be held accountable,” he told the panel. “Our mission is too important for this to happen. It undermines my leadership and I won’t stand for it.”
Other Stories of Interest
- TSA Finds Hatchet, Bare knuckles in Carry-On Bag
- FBI Investigating Fatal Highway Explosion in Oregon
- Homeland Security Watchdog: TSA Mishandled Felon at Airport
- Thieves Break into Vehicles Driven by Homeland Security Agents
- Affidavit Shows Why FBI Raided Illinois Body Donation Firm