WASHINGTON — A special group set up to interrogate captured terror suspects has been mobilized more than a dozen times in the past two years, FBI Director Robert Mueller said Wednesday.
“It’s been effective,” Mueller told a House appropriations subcommittee when asked about the use of the so-called High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group, known as HIG. “Over the last two years I think we’ve had 14 instances where we’ve deployed elements of the HIG to conduct interrogations.”
Mueller did not list the cases in which the HIG was used. A law enforcement official said the HIG can be deployed both overseas and in the United States and can be used in interrogations with U.S. citizens as well as non-citizens.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- U.S. Should Release Opinion on Killing U.S. Citizens (Charlotte Observer)
- Senate Confirms Fed Prosecutor for U.S. Judgeship in Washington State (Seattle Times)
- FBI Looking for Help From Facebook Fans to Catch a Killer (OhMyGov)
- Man Allegedly Threatened to Kill FBI Agent (Lincoln Journal)
- FBI Investigating Congressman for Bribery (TPM)
- Grassley: Where’s the Fast and Furious Report (Washington Times)