Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

November 2019
S M T W T F S
« Oct    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Tag: benghazi

State Department: FBI Recovered 30 New Benghazi Emails from Clinton’s Server

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The State Department says it recovered about 30 emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server that may be related to the Benghazi attack in 2012.

State Department lawyers told U.S. District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta that the emails were not included in the 55,000 pages previously turned over by Clinton, the Chicago Tribune reports. 

Before the emails are released, the State Department said it needs until the end of September to comb through the emails and redact any classified information.

Mehta urged the State Department to speed up the review and questioned the amount of time it would take to release the documents.

The hearing is part of a lawsuit filed by the conservative group Judicial Watch, which has sued the government for access to the records.

The discovery raises questions about whether Clinton lied when she maintained that she only deleted emails that weren’t related to her job as secretary of state.

New York Post: Recovered Emails Are Reminder That Clintons Play by Own Rules

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton

By Editorial Board
New York Post

How about that: Among the 14,900 “new” Hillary Clinton e-mails uncovered by the FBI are 30 or so that concern the Benghazi attack — the most controversial single episode in Clinton’s four years running the State Department.

So much for Clinton’s claim that she’d handed over all her work-related e-mails. Heck: So much for any remaining illusion that she even tried to provide a complete record.

But, as someone once asked: What difference, at this point, does it make? Can Hillary’s “trust deficit” get any deeper?

In part, that depends on what’s actually in the e-mails, which may not be released until the end of September.

But it also seems to up the odds that the overall FBI “dump” will have some kind of bombshell. Benghazi’s been a matter of prime public and congressional interest for the last four years. If Clinton wouldn’t even make a good-faith effort to hand over everything on that topic, then she wasn’t trying for full disclosure on any front.

Bigger picture: This is a taste of what a Hillary presidency would bring, just as Bill’s did back in the ’90s — endless low-level scandal, occasionally flaring up into something far larger.

To read more click here. 

With Benghazi Behind Her, Hillary Clinton Still Faces FBI Probe Over Private E-Mails

hillary-clintonBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Now that the Benghazi investigation is behind her, Hillary Clinton may feel like the heat is off her.

But it’s not.

The Daily Mail reports that the presidential candidate faces months of investigation into her use of private emails when she was secretary of state.

The bureau’s Counterintelligence Division is being urged to complete its probe as soon as possible. It involves more than 600 emails that contained classified material.

The FBI is trying to determine whether Clinton failed to protect the sensitive data.

Other Stories of Interest

U.S. Captures Suspected Mastermind of Benghazi Attacks Without Firing a Single Bullet

Steve Neavling
ticklethwire.com

The alleged mastermind of the deadly Benghazi attack in 2012 has finally been captured – and not a single bullet was used, CNN reports.

U.S. commandos and law enforcement spent days monitoring Ahmed Abu Khatallah before his capture Tuesday.

Khatallah’s arrest is the first connected to the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. That attack killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other U.S. citizens.

“We retain the option of adding additional charges in the coming days,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said. “Even as we begin the process of putting (Abu) Khatallah on trial and seeking his conviction before a jury, our investigation will remain ongoing as we work to identify and arrest any co-conspirators.”

FBI Interviews Differ from Obama’s Accounts of What Led to Consulate Attack in Benghazi

Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com 

The Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi may not have happened as described by the Obama administration, Fox News reports.

The FBI interviewed survivors for three days and none reported a demonstration.

Obama initially said the attack occurred after a protest of an anti-Islam film got out of control.

“The FBI confirmed to me that when they interviewed the survivors on the 15th the 16th and the 17th [of September], not one person ever mentioned anything other than a terrorist attack. No one mentioned a protest outside the consulate,” Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News. “So, how could the Obama administration come up with a protest story if everybody on the ground during the attack said it was a terrorist attack and there was no protest?”

It still remains clear whether the information ever got to the president, Fox News reported.

Lara Logan’s Mystery Man

By Jeff Stein
Newsweek

Nobody at 60 Minutes has been fired or even publicly disciplined for its odd, inflammatory and dead-wrong October 27 story on the Islamist assault in Benghazi that killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. But it has apologized.

That mea culpa, however, left some large and troubling questions unanswered; the most important one is how CBS’s superstar correspondent, Lara Logan, her producer and other network news executives let security contractor Dylan Davies on the air with his explosive tale about what he did and saw during that attack. While Davies was the central on-camera personality in that report, the most interesting figure in this mystery was never on screen, nor listed as a contributor to the piece.

It is Logan’s husband, Joseph W. Burkett, a former Army sergeant and onetime employee of a private intelligence outfit hired by the Pentagon to plant pro-U.S. stories in the Iraqi media in 2005. One recent account implied that Burkett, 42, was the Svengali behind the now infamous story that pinned responsibility for the Benghazi attack on al Qaeda, without citing any sources. To read the full story click here. 

Former Secret Service Agent Depicts Unflattering Picture of Bureaucrats in New Book

Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A 12-year Secret Service agent who resigned in 2011 to run for a Senate seat in Maryland has written a book about his career.

Dan Bongino’s “Life Inside the Bubble: Why a Top-Ranked Secret Service Agent Walked Away from it All” hit the bookshelves Tuesday, offering a look at the staffers, acolytes, lobbyists and bureaucrats who were surrounded with policy decisions.

Those people, he said, existed inside a “bubble” and lacked honor and integrity, according to a press release for the book.

Bongino also writes about the “Fast & Furious” scandal, the Boston Marathon bombing and terrorist attacks in Benghazi.

 

OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST

 

Suspects in Benghazi Attacks Not on State Department’s ‘Rewards for Justice’

 

Click here to watch the video on Fox News’s website.