The CIA developed a project intended to use psychic and supranational phenomenon for spying and military uses, according to new documents released by the agency.
Known as Project Star Gate, the project sought to use the supernatural because it is “passive,” “inexpensive” and there is “no known defense,” the Independent reports.
Among the psychic powers used were “psychoenergetics” and telekinesis.
The documents suggest that the CIA believed the psychic powers had some success.
But the project ended in 1995, when the CIA finally concluded psychics weren’t proven to be useful.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Investigating Wave of Threats Against Jewish Centers
- Comey ‘Enthusiastic’ about Bill Clinton Probe in 2001, FBI Memo Says
- Senators Demand Better Information from DEA on Opioid Campaign
- Senator Seeks FBI Information on Mnuchin’s Ties to Relativity Media
- FBI Arrests United Passenger Who Said He Found Bomb Note on Plane