By Steve Neavling
A Maryland man has pleaded guilty to ramming his Ford Focus through the gate at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, in June.
Thomas Luu, 35, managed to drive his car at least 75 feet onto the compound after slamming through an 8-foot-tall fence with barbed wire.
“The gate is clearly marked with a sign that notifies visitors that it is closed; there also are ‘no trespassing’ signs in the immediate area,” investigators said.
Investigators said Luu admitted he crashed the gate to get the CIA’s attention, but he didn’t explain specifics.
His mother said her son was distraught by the mass shooting inside an Orlando nightclub, which occurred the night before.
A judge ordered Luu to two years of supervised probation and 30 days in jail.
Other Stories of Interest
- Judge Orders FBI to Turn Over Terrorism Task Force Documents
- Tim Kaine: I Support Release of FBI Notes of Clinton Investigation
- Border Patrol Finds 2 Men Hiding in Compartments of Vehicle
- Lawyers See Opportunity in Justice Department Report of Baltimore Police
- Homeland Security Working to Ensure Integrity of Election