By Steve Neavling
The DEA identified Mexican cartels that operate within the United States and provided a map to show where the drug gangs are wielding influence.
In Texas, for example, the DEA has identified the following cartels operating within the state: the Sinaloa, Gulf, Juarez, the Knights Templar, Beltran-Levya, Jalisco and the Zetas.
But Texas is far from alone. Most states have links to cartels, which can be very violent and supply dangerous drugs.
The areas with the highest concentration of cartel involvement are California, Texas, New York and New England.
Other Stories of Interest
- DOJ Investigation of Chicago Police to Wrap Up Before Obama Leaves
- FBI: Man Robs Fourth Chicago Bank in a Month
- FBI Investigating Shooting of Man by Officer on SD Reservation
- ATF Believes Grandview Blast Was Caused by Illegal Manufacture of Fireworks
- Trump Plans to Reorganize CIA, Other Intelligence Agencies