The FBI is trying to determine who broke into an agent’s car and stole two service weapons on Sunday in Northeast, D.C.
Fox5 reports that someone smashed a rear window of the vehicle and stole a Colt AR-15 rifle and a Glock 22 pistol.
The FBI said the weapons were in a lockbox in the parked Ford Expedition.
The FBI declined to say whether the agent is on administrative leave or if it’s standard operating procedure to leave weapons inside a lockbox in an unattended car.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Collects 43,000 Iris Scans in So-Called ‘Pilot Program’
- Jackson Agent: FBI Protects Civil Rights, Aids Police
- GOP Committee Blasts Justice Department Over Big Media
- Mayor Wants Justice Department to Review Police Shooting of Armed Man
- Two People Found on Philadelphia Hotel Roof with Smoke Bombs, Camera