By Steve Neavling
The TSA made some frightening discoveries in carry-on bags at airports across the country last week.
Screeners found 75 firearms, 66 of which were loaded, bear repellent, numerous knives and there realistic replica grenades, the TSA reported.
The TSA wrote:
In addition to all of the other prohibited items we find weekly in carry-on bags, our officers also regularly find firearm components, realistic replica firearms, bb and pellet guns, airsoft guns, brass knuckles, ammunition, batons, stun guns, small pocketknives and many other prohibited items too numerous to note.
When packed properly, ammunition can be transported in your checked baggage, but it is never permissible to pack ammo in your carry-on bag.
You can travel with your firearms in checked baggage, but they must first be declared to the airline.
Passengers face penalties of up to $11,000 for bringing prohibited items to airports in carry-on bags.
Other Stories of Interest
- Belgium Looks to FBI Tactics to Counter Well-Armed Terrorists
- FBI Seeks Public Help Catching Suspected Serial Child Abductor
- FBI: Florida Man Threatens Terror Attacks in Anonymous Letter to Sheriff
- Machine Created by ATF Could Prevent Gun Violence, But Most States Not Using It
- Hoboken Rail Service Fully Restored After Train Crash