By Steve Neavling
Airports are reporting a record number of guns were found in carry-on luggage in 2016.
The TSA said 3,391 guns were discovered at checkpoints nationwide – a 28% increase over 2015. Alarmingly, 83% of the guns were loaded.
The airports with the largest number of gun confiscations were George Bush Intercontinental at Houston, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, Denver International, Dallas/Fort Worth International, and Phoenix Sky Harbor International.
The good news is, gun seizures dropped at JKF LaGuardia and Newark airports.
Other Stories of Interest
- Nothing Found After Flight at DIA Searched by FBI for Possible Security Threat
- Michael Goodwin: How Trump Show Handle Comey And FBI
- People Not Letting FBI Forget About Its Treatment of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ex-Penn State Leader Must Trim Lawsuit Against FBI Director
- FBI Probe Reignites Conflict Between Wilkes-Barre Police Chief, Union Officials