By Steve Neavling
The photos are sobering. Men are huddled together under a thing thermal blanket to stay warm. To change a baby’s diaper, women are forced to use a concrete floor littered with trash.
The Arizona Daily Sun reports the photos came from cell surveillance video inside at least four Border Patrol stations.
The photos are part of a lawsuit that claims the Border Patrol conditions are deplorable, inhumane and unsafe.
“I have visited many detention facilities in my 11 years as an attorney and I have to say what the Border Patrol facilities look like really is deplorable and disgusting,” said Nora Preciado, a staff attorney for the National Immigration Law Center.
Border Patrol declined to directly respond to the images but said it is “committed to the safety, security and welfare of those in our custody, especially those who are most vulnerable.”
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Interviewed Members of Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams’ Staff
- Murrieta Officer Under Investigation by FBI Dead in Apparent Suicide
- FBI Report on Mafia Decline Caused by Group Text, Email Chains
- Justice Department Meets with Residents in West Baltimore
- Trump’s Muslim Ban Would Also Hurt Students, Universities