By Steve Neavling
What is a sanctuary city?
Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly confessed that he had no idea.
“I don’t have a clue,” Kelly told San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman when she asked for a definition.
Kelly was speaking to law enforcement in San Diego.
The definition is important because President Trump signed an executive order that threatened to pull federal funding from every “sanctuary jurisdiction.”
To be sure, what constitutes a sanctuary city has not been made clear. In general, it means cities that refuse to work with federal authorities on immigration enforcement.
Other Stories of Interest
- Justice Department Warned White House That Flynn Could Be Vulnerable
- FBI Investigates Four Cleveland-Area Bank Robberies in One Day
- FBI Investigation Underway in Wichita, Kansas, Mayor Says
- FBI to Monitor Metro Police Investigation into Office-Involved Shooting
- Homeland Security Raids Arrest MS-13 Gang Members Across Santa Cruz