best casino bonuses australian online casino au dollars trusted online gambling internet casino download old information online us casinos las vegas best online casino craps flash casino games mac play online vegas

Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

April 2018
S M T W T F S
« Mar    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Tag: Youtube

Growing Fla. School Shooting Conspiracy Catapults YouTube Video to No.1

David Hogg discounted the conspiracy theory on CNN on Tuesday.

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

The soaring popularity of a discounted, right-wing conspiracy theory that claims last week’s Florida school shooting was an FBI plot was underscored Wednesday when YouTube’s top trending video featured a segment on the baseless allegations.

The video, originally posted in August, claimed that David Hogg, a survivor of the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., was an “actor,” not a classmate.

In the video, the 17-year-old was featured in an interview with the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles to discuss a dispute between a lifeguard and a swimmer.

The video, which received more than 200,000 views in about 12 hours, was copied and re-uploaded by a YouTube user named “mike m,” who wrote new caption: “DAVID HOGG THE ACTOR …”

Since the massacre that killed 17 people, the conspiracy theory has gained traction among Trump supporters and others on the far right who believe – or want you to believe – that the shooting was an FBI plot to seize power from Americans.

The video was removed by YouTube for violating its policy on bullying and harassment.

On CNN on Tuesday, Hogg disputed the outrageous claims.

“I’m not a crisis actor,” Hogg told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on “AC360” Tuesday. “I’m someone who had to witness this and live through this and I continue to be having to do that.”

He added, “I’m not acting on anybody’s behalf.”

FBI Reviewing How It Handled Tip Months Ago about Florida School Shooter

Nikolas Cruz via instagram

By Steve Neavling
Ticklethewire.com

The FBI is reviewing how it handled a tip months ago about a YouTube user named Nikolas Cruz who boasted he was “going to be a professional school shooter.” 

The name is the same as the shooter who opened fire with an AR-15 on Wednesday at a Florida high school, killing at least 17 people.

Ben Bennight, a bail bondsman, said he flagged the comment on YouTube in September and emailed a screenshot to the FBI, who paid him a visit and asked whether he knew the commenter.

The FBI told the New York Times it reviewed databases and conducted open-source checks and is now trying to determine what steps were taken to identify the commenter.

“There was no particular information about the particular time, location or further identifiers about the person who posted the comment,” Rob Lasky, the F.B.I. special agent in charge in Miami, said. “No additional information was found to positively identify the person who posted this comment. There was no connection found to South Florida.”

The FBI said it’s options were limited because of scant information that would have made it difficult to obtain a grand jury subpoena to identify the YouTube user.

“I hope he would have been interviewed by the F.B.I. or referred to the local police assuming he was identified,” said Eugene Casey, a veteran former F.B.I. agent. “I would have done my best to identify the individual who made the threat, but he could have posted it to YouTube from a public computer in a library or somewhere else.”

Video of Sandra Bland’s Traffic Stop Appears to Be Tampered With


By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A 52-minute video that shows the traffic stop and arrest of Sandra Bland before she died in a jail cell three days later appears to be edited, raising questions about the whether police cam evidence was tampered with.

NBC News reports that Texas Department of Public Safety authorities were investigating what appeared to be edits pointed out by experts and regular viewers.

Police have said Bland committed suicide, but family and supporters don’t believe that was the case.

In several of the clips, the audio stays constant but the video occasionally repeats itself.

Motorists Defy Border Patrol Orders While Video-Recording Confrontation

 
By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Motorists are increasingly using cameras to defy Border Control questions and orders.

The footage of motorists refusing to answer questions on American roads are posted on YouTube and are popular on social media.

The overwhelming majority of people don’t seem to care and perhaps see cooperating as their duty in keeping the nation guarded,” The Houston Chronicle reports. “But a small, and apparently growing, number of people say they should not have to answer any such questions from armed federal agents, and they also refuse to consent to searches of their vehicles. They say that people should not so willingly give up their rights.

There is no telling how many times a day agents and civilians clash over the issue or what most often happens next. But many dozens, if not hundreds of videos are posted on  YouTube by travelers who recorded their moments of truth. Some of the time agents just wave through travelers who said they were exercising their right not to answer any questions. In other instances standoffs ensue in which motorists are forcibly yanked from their vehicles.”

Google Helps FBI Track Down Colorado Man for Online Threats to Police Officers

Jeremiah Perez

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com 

Google alerted authorities to a Colorado Springs man who threatened to “hunt” and kill police officers in the comment sections of a YouTube video, leading to the man’s arrest Monday, the Colorado Spring Gazette reports.

Jeremiah M. Perez was arrested after Google contacted the FBI Office in San Francisco.

“SINCE DARREN WILSON our group has killed 6 retired sheriffs and cops……because of this event we will hunt two more in colorado this week…..for every innocent citizen that cops kill WE, VETERANS WILL KILL RETIRED HELPLESS COPS,” the threat read. “COPS ARE THE REAL ENEMIES OF FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS and TIME TO STRIKE BACK IN ALL OUT WAR IS NOW.”

The user name of the commenter was “Vets Hunting Cops.”

Perez told authorities he didn’t like police and his anger was intensified after an officer shot Michael Brown in Ferguson.

YouTube Musician Arrested for Underage Videos, Pictures

Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A musician who became famous on YouTube is banned from using the Internet after he was arrested at his home in New York on charges that he coaxed two underage girls to send him sexually explicit photos and videos, the Daily Mail reports.

Michael Lombardo, 23, is accused of enticing a 14-year-old and 16-year-old to send him images. One was ordered to masturbate, according to the Daily Mail.

Lombardo faces four counts of child pornography and up to 30 years in prison.

Similar allegations have surfaced in the past, the Daily Mail reported.

Secret Service Agent Suspended for Reckless Driving in North Carolina, after Citizen Posts Tape to YouTube

Photo from video

 
Shoshanna Utchenik
ticklethewire.com

A U.S. Secret Service agent is in trouble, but this time there are no fast women… only fast cars.

An agent was put on administrative leave after a private citizen posted video on YouTube showing him driving recklessly on the North Carolina interstate.

The Charlotte Observer reports that the agent was on duty when his Dodge Charger was caught on tape, weaving across lanes on I-77 and seeming to play a dangerous game of “tag” with a van, even flashing a blue light to pretend to pull over the van before speeding away.

The videographer can be heard on the tape saying “He’s going 80 mph in a 55 zone — with no lights on,” before the Dodge Charger sped from I-77 to I-485, and later on a two-lane road going even faster.

Russ Nelson, special agent in charge of the Secret Service in Charlotte, said the agency is investigating the incident.

To read more click here.

FBI Dir. Robert Mueller Continues to Bang the Drum About the Dangers of Terrorists and the Cyber World

Robert Mueller III / file fbi photo By Allan Lengel

By Allan Lengel
ticklethewire.com
There’s was nothing particularly shocking — or for that matter new — in FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III’s speech Thursday, but it was another reminder of the havoc and mischief we can expect via cyber attacks against business and government in the future.

Terrorism remains the FBI’s top priority,” Mueller told a crowd in San Francisco at the RSA Cyber Security Conference, according to the text of his speech. “But in the not too distant future, we anticipate that the cyber threat will pose the number one threat to our country.”

Mueller talked about how increasingly “cyber savvy” terrorist have become, citing as example, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which has produced a full-color, English-language online magazine.

“They are not only sharing ideas, they are soliciting information and inviting recruits to join al Qaeda. ”

“Al Shabaab—the al Qaeda affiliate in Somalia—has its own Twitter account. Al Shabaab uses it to taunt its enemies—in English—and to encourage terrorist activity, ” he said. “Extremists are not merely making use of the Internet for propaganda and recruitment. They are also using cyber space to conduct operations.”

“The individuals who planned the attempted Times Square bombing in May 2010 used public web cameras for reconnaissance. They used file-sharing sites to share sensitive operational details. They deployed remote conferencing software to communicate. They used a proxy server to avoid being tracked by an IP address. And they claimed responsibility for the attempted attack—on YouTube.”

To read the complete speech click here.

OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST