A Honduran man punched a Border Patrol agent in the face, but that wasn’t enough to stop the agent from capturing him.
The FBI said Ssahil Jose Lainez-Fugon was hiding under a bush near the Rio Grande in the La Paloma Wildlife Refuge in Texas.
The agent saw the suspect’s legs poking out of the bush.
Lainez started running, but the agent was able to grab his short. That’s when authorities said Lainez punched the agent in the jaw, cutting the inside of his mouth.
Nevertheless, the agent was still able to capture and apprehend the man.
Lainey has been charged with assaulting a federal officer and is in the custody of U.S. Marshals.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Questions Woman Involved in de Blasio Fundraising Scandal
- 18 Austin-Area Residents Arrested in Federal Drug Investigation
- FBI to Agencies: Deny Record Requests Involving Pulse Shooting
- FBI Raids 2 Homes, Arrests Man Accused of Bomb Plot
- Former Secret Service Agent: Hillary Clinton ‘Scares Me’