best casino bonuses australian online casino au dollars trusted online gambling internet casino download old information online us casinos las vegas best online casino craps flash casino games mac play online vegas

Get Our Newsletter



Links

Columnists



Site Search


Entire (RSS)
Comments (RSS)

Archive Calendar

August 2017
S M T W T F S
« Jul    
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Guides

How to Become a Bounty Hunter



Tag: threats

Oregon Man Charged After Calling FBI 752 Times And Making Threats

phoneBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A 45-year-old Oregon man accused of calling the FBI phone line 752 times since December 2015 and leaving threats for agents is facing a federal criminal charge.

Authorities said Shawn Fredrick Weatherhead of Eugene called the line in April and declared, “I have a legal right to start killing you people. And I’m going to,” The Oregonian reports. 

On April 2, Weatherfield added in a message, “I’m going to start killing people.”

Weatherman was charged with interstate communication of a threat to injure another person, according to a complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Eugene.

It’s not the first time Weatherman was charged for making inappropriate calls to a law enforcement agency. In June 2015, he was sentenced to 10 days of jail after pleading guilty to five counts of telephonic harassment. A condition of his probation was that he not have contact with any law enforcement agency unless it’s an emergency.

FBI on Hunt for Man Who Threatened to Shoot up Schools, Public Officials

Suspect Joseph Jakubowsk

Suspect Joseph Jakubowsk

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The FBI is on the hunt for a burglary suspect who sent a manifesto to President Trump, threatening to use stolen firearms against schools and public officials.

Joseph Jakubowski is accused of burglarizing a Wisconsin gun shop on April 4 before disappearing.

“A large quantity of high-end handguns and rifles were stolen and the suspect fled the scene,” authorities said in a statement.

The 32-year-old remained at large Sunday night, “despite extensive efforts to locate and capture him, officials with the Rock County Sheriff’s Office told Fox6 Now

Authorities also warned schools to be on the look out.

The White House has confirmed that it received the 161-page manifesto.

It “includes grievances against government and personal angst toward anyone or anything other than natural law or rule,” the Rock County Sheriff’s Office said.

12,000+ Tweets about Assassinating Trump Create Challenge for Secret Service

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

Since Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day, more than 12,000 people have tweeted “assassinate Trump,” causing a headache for the Secret Service.

Some of the tweets are jokes or hyperbolic, but some are serious, Mashable reports. 

But it’s unclear how serious the Secret Service is taking the tweets.

There are reports of agents arriving at the homes of social media users, including a Kentucky woman who tweeted, “If someone was cruel enough to assassinate MLK, maybe someone will be kind enough to assassinate Trump.” 

An Ohio man was charged with making threats to Trump following several tweets about killing the Republican on election night. 

“It’s the people who have a true and genuine intent to do harm that the Secret Service is worried about,” said former U.S. Secret Service special agent Tim Franklin, who is now a criminology and criminal justice professor.

Detroit Man Charged After Allegedly Threatening to Kill Police at Cop’s Funeral

Deshawn Maurice Lanton

Deshawn Maurice Lanton

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

DETROIT — A 21-year-old Detroit man threatened to kill police while they gathered at a funeral last week for a Detroit police sergeant who had been fatally shot, according to a criminal complaint.

Deshawn Maurice Lanton was charged in federal court with charges that he used the internet to transmit a threat, the Detroit News reports. 

The complaint alleges that Lanton said on a live video on Facebook, ““Maybe I should drop a bomb on that building and get rid of the rest of y’all.”

The post was made about 90 minutes after the funeral began in suburban St. Clair Shores.

An FBI review of Lanton’s Facebook page found that Lanton rejoiced about other police officers getting injured, saying “how pleased he was to see officers being injured,” according to the criminal complaint.

“This case is different from some other generalized threats on social media against police officers and other groups because this statement threatens specific harm to a particular group of people at a precise location,” U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said in a statement.

Other Stories of Interest

Blogger Charged with Threatening to Kill FBI Agents Is Released After Jury Deadlocks

courtroomBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

An Orange County, Calif., blogger accused of threatening to behead and slit the throats of FBI agents was acquitted on some charges, and jurors were deadlocked on others.

U.S. District Judge Josephine L. Staton declared a mistrial and ordered Peter Ronald Wexler to be released, CNN reports. 

Wexler, 50, testified that he intended to be provocative in his posts by using sarcasm and hyperbole, but he did not intend to convey serious threats against the agents.

Prosecutors had to convince jurors that Wexler’s comments were “a serious expression of an intent to physically harm or murder” the agents.

“Mr. Wexler is very happy about today’s results,” Wexler’s attorney, Caleb Mason, said. “He’s very glad the justice system has worked so far.”

Wexler once wrote: “Is it murder to kill an FBI Pig who knocks on your door without a warrant?” Wexler allegedly wrote in a blog post. “I think not.”

FBI: Ex-Marine Harassed, Threatened Catholic Diocese from His Boat

CoA_Roman_Catholic_Diocese_of_Knoxville.svgBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

A former Marine is facing rare stalking charges after the FBI said he harassed and threatened the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville and its parishes from his boat in California.

Authorities arrested David Andrew Webb, 40, last month in Chula Vista on a sealed complaint that alleges he stalked the church and used a phone to “engage in a course of conduct that caused substantial emotional distress to the victims and placed them in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury,” the Knoxville News Sentinel said. 

According to federal officials, Webb became irate after he said the Catholic church deprived him of contact with his 13-year-old son. He also is accused of leaving profanity-laced threats to the Knoxville diocese, the bishop and its parishes for more than a year.

Here’s an example of one of those messages:

“Your diocese owes me over a billion,” Webb said. “I’m not (expletive) playing. I haven’t seen my son in probably four or five (expletive) years because of your (expletives) religion. … You do not want me coming in to your (expletive) churches on Easter (expletive) Sunday.”

Secret Service Investigates Trump’s Former Butler Over Comments about Obama’s Death

Donald Trump and former butler Anthony Senecal.

Donald Trump and former butler Anthony Senecal.

By Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The Secret Service is investigating Donald Trump’s friend and former butler over vile Facebook posts calling for President Obama’s murder.

Anthony Senecal said Obama is a “Kenyan fraud” who should be hanged for treason, the New York Times reports. 

“With the last breath I draw I will help rid this America of the scum infested in its government,” Mr. Senecal wrote last May, saying that the president should be dragged from the “white mosque” and hanged “from the portico — count me in !!!!!”

The Secret Service said it was “aware of the matter and will conduct the appropriate investigation.”

Trump’s campaign spokesman criticized Senecal’s statements.

“We totally and completely disavow the horrible statements made by him.”

In a follow-up interview with NBC News, Senecal again called for the hanging of President Obama and Hillary Clinton. He added that Detroit and Milwaukee should become “nuclear bomb sites” because the cities have been “disgraced by Muslims.”

FBI Arrests Oregon Man, Found Pipe Bombs, After Alleged Threats to President Obama

president obama state of unionBy Steve Neavling
ticklethewire.com

The FBI arrested a 61-year-old Oregon man on charges of threatening the president after authorities said they found what appeared to be pipe bombs in his apartment, ABC News reports. 

John Martin Roos of Medford, Oregon, was charged Thursday.

In a statement, the FBI said, “At approximately noon on Thursday, April 28, 2016, FBI Agents and Medford Police Officers served a federal search warrant at an apartment on Poplar Drive in Medford. Inside, they found what appeared to be several pipe bombs. The Oregon State Police Explosives Unit responded, and members of that unit have rendered the devices safe.”

The statement continues, “There are two men who live at that apartment, and one was home at the time of the search. Agents and officers detained him for a short while until the scene could be secured, but he has been released and is not charged. FBI Agents located a second resident of the apartment at another Medford location shortly after entering the residence. This second man, 61-year-old John Martin Roos, was the subject of the search warrant. Agents made a probable cause arrest of Roos, charging him with Threatening the President of the United States and and Use of an Interstate Facility to transmit Threats. The United States Secret Service is assisting in this investigation.”

Ross is lodged in the Jackson County Jail and is expected to make an initial court appearance soon.