For the second time in Texas in one week, a Border Patrol agent shot and killed man.
The Associated Press reports that agents fatally shot the man after he drove through the inspection checkpoint at 5 p.m. Thursday.
According to authorities, the motorist was in the inspection lane on Interstate 10 in Sierra Blanca, about 80 miles southeast of El Paso.
Border Patrol agents pursued the car for about 30 minutes before the man brandished a gun.
“A pistol-shaped pellet gun was recovered from the individual’s vehicle,” according to the statement.
Border Patrol agents said they came under fire on Wednesday and shot back, killing one suspect on the U.S. side of the border.
Other Stories of Interest
- Secret Service Investigates Small Drone Found on White House Grounds
- FBI Believes Kidnapping Suspect of Senior May Be in Lexington
- Border Patrol Holds Active Shooter Training in Northern Maine
- Migrant Children Enduring Freezing Temperatures in U.S. Custody
- Security at Taj Mahal Prompted Secret Service Concerns About Trip