Former FBI Director Louis Freeh remained hospitalized Wednesday but officials remained tight-lipped about his condition, the Burlington Free Press reports.
Freeh, 64, of Wilmington, Del, crashed his SUV on a rural stretch of southern Vermont on Monday and has been in the hospital since under armed guard.
Authorities said no drugs or alcohol were involved.
The special protection is in place because of Freeh’s work against terrorists.
The accident remains under investigation.
Other Stories of Interest
- Justice Department Sues Minneapolis Suburb for Denying Mosque Permit
- Local Law Enforcement in Ferguson Look for Help Paying OT
- Justice Department Watchdog Criticizes FBI’s Involvement Discrimination Suit
- Homeland Security to Investigate Illegal Housing In Michigan
- Border Patrol Sued in Fatal Shooting of Man in Mexico