The ATF’s botched gun-buy sting in Milwaukee took another turn for the worse, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.
Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Karen Loebel said two more cases related to the sting need to be dismissed because the lead agent cannot be called as a witness.
The case is the eighth of 18 that Loebel dismissed.
It’s unclear why the lead agents can’t be called as a witness because of “the manner in which I received the information,” Loebel said.
The cases stem from a sting that went seriously wrong. Guns were stolen. A brain-damaged man was promoted to set up drugs in the case. And evidence was lost
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Obama Nominates Former Justice Department Official to Appeals Court
- Man Who Escaped a California Jail in 1977 Is Captured by FBI
- Vacant School is Used to Train FBI Agents in Active-Shooting Situations
- Bomb Squad Investigates Columbus Police Headquarters After Explosion
- Man Tries to Reach U.S. by Water Using Bag of Pot as Flotation Device