By Steve Neavling
The former director of the NSA and CIA criticized Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, saying his rhetoric is compromising Americans’ safety.
Michael Hayden said Trump’s statements on barring Muslims from entering the country were particularly “detrimental.”
“It’s made us less safe already,” Hayden said.
Hayden said the rhetoric “reinforces their narrative” that America and Islam are incompatible.
Other troubling statements involved Trump’s call to bring back torture to get information from suspected terrorists.
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI Raids Jewish Schools in Government Spending Investigation
- Kansas City Area Residents Receiving Calls from Phony FBI Agents
- Justice Department Investigating Town’s Denial to Build Mosque
- DOJ Prosecutors: ISIS ‘Actively’ Seeking Cyberattack Tools
- Secret Service Investigates Columbus Man After Social Media Comment