FBI Director James Comey warned that he may have to furlough 600 employees if Congress doesn’t restore the bureau’s budget, the Houston Press reports.
Comey also said he’d be forced to cut 3,500 jobs.
The result could be disastrous, he said, because the bureau will have a more difficult time handling investigations.
The sequestration also is preventing the FBI from hiring anyone new.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- President Obama Pledges to “Keep Fighting” to Restore FBI Sequester Cuts
- ICE Says Obamacare Info Won’t Be Used to Arrest, Deport Immigrants
- Idaho Prison Guards Won’t Be Prosecuted By Justice Department
- Homeland Security Quietly Mulls Lifting Ban on Libyan Training
- Doctor Gets Probation After Using DEA Code to Order Drugs for Self