Technology is once again bumping up against law enforcement.
PC Magazine is reporting that the FBI has issued a warrant to get Google to give it a Gmail account and password and other info so it can tap into the Android cell phone of an alleged pimp suspected of playing a role in a human trafficking investigation.
PC reported that agents in the San Diego office seized a Samsung phone from suspected pimp Dante Dears on Jan. 17, but were unable to get past the lock on it.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Probe Faults FBI and IRS Agents in Stevens Case (Fox)
- Former Tucson DEA head says he was misinterpreted on Fast and Furious (Arizona Daily Star)
- FBI Warns of Homegrown Violence After Afghan Massacre (ABC)
- Missing NY Girl Found in Thailand (Fox)
- FBI Arrests Ex-Calif. Teacher (The Sun)
- Justice Dept. Blocks Photo ID Voting Requirement in Texas (NY Times)