DETROIT — The FBI in Detroit has issued a warning: Beware of emails that display the FBI seal and FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III’s name.
The emails, that have been sent to Michigan residents as well as others nationwide, direct people to contact the Department of Homeland Security and send $350 to obtain a Clearance Certificate.
Failure to do so will result in legal action, the email says.
The FBI noted that it does not send out emails soliciting personal information or asking citizens for money.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Senior Pot Collective Stirs Trouble (AP
- Fed Agencies Feud Over Corruption Probes; Hearing Set (Washington Post)
- Judge in Roger Clements Case to Rule on Documents Being Turned Over to Defense (NY Daily News)
- Brutality Altering Mexican Society (El Paso Times)
- House Panel to Hold Hearing Next Tues. on Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (Main Justice)