The FBI drone program isn’t very far-reaching.
According to a newly released report from the Justice Department’s Inspector General, the FBI has 17 working drones and just two pilots, The Verge reports.
The report found that the drones operate out of one location, making it difficult to use the flying cameras nationwide. Because of the limitations, the pilots “needed to travel thousands of miles to support FBI investigations across the United States.”
The drones were only used for 13 investigations between September 2006 and August 2014.
The FBI has a $ million budget for its drones.
Other Stories of Interest
- Homeland Security Executed Search Warrant at Georgia Christian School
- FBI Found Bomb Parts at Tsarnaev’s Family Home, Agents Say at Trial
- Man Claims: ‘FBI Is Trying to Destroy My Life’
- Terrorism Suspect Sues FBI, Mom for Allegedly Violating Parental Rights
- DOJ Report: ATF Bought 11 Drones But Never Flew Them