A monthlong trial for a federal agent accused of murder in Hawaii ended in a mistrial after the jury was unable to reach a verdict, ABC News reports.
State Department Special Agent Christopher Deedy is headed home to Virginia, but he most likely will face another trial, ABC News wrote.
“Mr. Deedy does need to go back home and back to work,” defense attorney Brook Hart told the judge.
The 29-year-old agent from Virginia is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Kollin Elderts, 23.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Homeland Security Searches for Best Unclassified Technologies
- High-Risk Missing Teen Continues to Elude FBI, Local Authorities
- DEA Makes Big LSD Bust at Mobile Home in Texas
- FBI Offers $50,000 Reward to Capture Cop Killer
- Alabama Man Accused of Hiring Undercover Agent to Kill Neighbor