A Phoenix apartment complex was rife with gang activity.
So says federal agents and local police after arresting 17 people on gang-related charges following a yearlong investigation, the Arizona Republic reports.
Authorities said they found drugs, weapons and two top gang leaders.
“These individuals sought to take over the neighborhood,” Phoenix Assistant Chief Sandra Renteria said.
Authorities said the men openly sold drugs and intimidated apartment dwellers.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI: Former Reserve Deputy Charged Swiped Diamond from Couple
- Justice Department Passes Up Investigation of Georgia Teen Found in Gym Mat
- Border Patrol Increasingly Relies on Canine Protection, Human Rights Group Says
- Students to Learn What It’s Like to Work for FBI
- Former FBI Agent Talks about Responding to Sept. 11 Terrorist Attacks