A former DEA agent clashed with a Black Lives Matter organizer who called for “frying” police.
The verbal confrontation broke out on CNN after Rashad Turner said his group was not supporting violence when they chanted, “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon.”
Turner said the group was referring to holding police accountable for violating the rights of citizens, BizPack Review reports.
Former DEA Special Agent David Katz called it nonsense.
“When my fellow Americans are murdered in a church in South Carolina I weep,” Katz said. “When you start weeping for white cops who get shot down in Houston then I’ll be talking the same message you talk.”
Turner continued to insist that protesters did not condone violence against police/
“I’m not sure what a good cop is,” Turner insisted. “We’re getting hung up by this rhetoric that’s making white people uncomfortable or causing that discomfort. Every day as a black man I’m uncomfortable simply because of the color of my skin.”
Other Stories of Interest
- Russian Official Pleads Guilty Over $2M in ‘Corrupt’ Payments
- Former FBI Agent Joins K2 Cybersecurity Consulting Firm
- FBI Offers $50,000 Reward for Man Accused of Killing Girlfriend 20 Years Ago
- Justice Department Blasts Governor’s Decision to Defund Planned Parenthood
- White Powder Discovered at Oregon Justice Department Not Toxic