A friend of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects is accused of sending more than $71,000 to six countries, often using fake names between 2010 and 2013, the Associated Press reports.
An FBI agent spoke of the money during testimony at a hearing Wednesday.
The friend, Khairullozhon Matanov, stopped sending them money when one of the suspects was in Russia. the agent testified.
Matanov also is accused of lying to investigates and deleting computer files.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Lawyers for State Rep. Derrick Smith Say He’s Victim of Overzealous FBI Agents
- FBI: San Antonio Stripper Forced Into Sex Slavery, Traveling Country As Prostitute
- Man Faces Jail Time for Impending Secret Service Agents During Investigation
- FBI Works With Social Workers to Crack Down on Sexual Trafficking of Children
- Army, FBI Investigating Shooting at Ford Hood in Texas on Tuesday Night